Faster Copper Pour

Much faster fill with rounded pads.

Test project went from 583 seconds down to 13 seconds. This is a x45 speed improvement :)

Iliya Kovac is the developer of AutoTRAX DEX

Comments

• 3 Different Copper Pour Modes

• Quick

Low

High

• Wow, that is very nice. :)

• edited March 3

The test project fill time is now down to 9 seconds giving a x65 speed increase. :)

• Copper pour never guarantees connections. It is purely copper pour.

Use a signal plane.

• If I use the copper pour for connections (because I for cost reason want to reduce number of layers of if I need a copper pour on the signal layer) can I trust that the DRC will warn me if I fail to do proper connection with the copper pour? Typical problem is that some pad gets a too narrow connection to the copper pour that even might get lost in etsing.
    Basic should be that the DRC can at least tell me if a pad has no connection at all.

• Hi All, Happy Easter.

I always make my connections then do a DRC then the copper pour..nthen another DRC

Regards,

Mick

• Yes, that's the typical DEX workaround since you cannot get the copper pour to connect things for you, or so it is said. I use that method but compared to others it's just time consuming.
    Actually, because I miss certain features that I want, my plan is to leave DEX. But I got a good upgrade offer and have decided to stay with DEX until I really need something else. I don't do the advanced boards i used to so maybe it will be ok. There are absolutely things with DEX that is better than anything else so it is not a hard decision.