Nets

edited March 11 in PCBs

Hi
when routing a PCB it shows all nets and net lines for all the tracks that are required.
when actually laying down tracks though, the nets lines dont always go away after routing the tracks.
this makes it hard to check all tracks are routed.
Is there a way to remedy this?
Cheers

Comments

• Well, you have posed a question that has good me thinking :)

I believe that I have come up with a solution that will be a great boon for manual routing.

I have implemented an option to hide all unrouted track segments except a chosen net.

The net is chosen by:

• Clicking on the net row in the Route Panel or
    • Click on a routed track segment.
    • Hope to upload soon.

Now

Autodimming with net selected

With new option. Net **NOT **selected.

Iliya Kovac is the developer of AutoTRAX DEX

• Route Panel

• edited March 9

When manually routing a PCB, it often difficult to find a path because the un-routed track segments from other nets obscure you vision; You cannot 'see the wood for the trees'.
    This video shows you how AutoTRAX solves this problem by using auto-dimming and auto-hiding.

• Now uploaded :)

• Test project.

• sounds like a good feature, but this is not the issue i have.
    The issue is that even when i have fully routed a net with a track, the net doesn't always go away to indicate that the track is actually fully routed
    cheers

• If you can see the net line then it is not routed.

• I just had this same issue, ended up being two components, same footprint, laid exactly on top of each other. Therefore two net lines, only one could be routed. May not be your problem though.

• I hadn't known about the route panel until I read this post. It is very useful.

• @Rixen said:
    I just had this same issue, ended up being two components, same footprint, laid exactly on top of each other. Therefore two net lines, only one could be routed. May not be your problem though.

The DRC should find this error.

Project attached

• Just drag the part -all will be revealed.

• this happened in my last project and i disregarded those errors. it is now happening in my current project as well.
    cheers

• I think I've had this happen, and the workaround was to route with another track, just straight across, then delete that track. Not sure if it will work for you. Does DRC show a broken connection?